Wednesday, September 28, 2016

GENERATION BEAUTY NYC 2016

Very long lines is the first thing that come to mind when I think of GenBeauty NYC. I heard one girl say " I waited for two hours on the MAKE UP FOR EVER line". Had a chat with a lady who was pregnant and due in 4 days on the Make Up Forever Line #makeupJunkie or nah? Lol! 

More places to sit and water stations was the only thing missing for me at this year's Generation Beauty NYC. Ipsy provided free Wi-Fi. Shout out to them because that was a life saver. The the area of Brooklyn we were in the service was a No. Everything else was awesome, I had a chance to do a lot of networking with some great brands. Getting a chance to meet fellow makeup junkies was my favorite part of the weekend. I hope to be back next year, I can't wait to see what Ipsy has up there sleeves for next year. 





Friday September 16th
Ipsy Creator Day
NYC 
Ipsy Generation Beauty started on Friday for me. I was lucky enough to snag a spot for Creator Day! A Genbeauty first! We was serve breakfast and lunch got to sit in on a few panels featuring a few of Ipsy top creators and Michelle Phan herself taught us a few tricks on how to edit with Final Cut Pro. 


LA Girl Matte Lipstick Stunner


Kim @naturallyfashionable  





Sanders Kennedy


Kifana
http://madeuphairstyle.blogspot.com/


Quick selfie with kim on day two.






Merli EstimeMakeup Artist
Blogger


Hanging out at the MAKE UP FOREVER wall after picking up my new lipstick.


The lighting at the MAKE UP FOR EVER booth was EVERYTHING!


I linked up with a friend and had a great weekend. I hated that I found out about the free shuttle bus until the ride back to the train that Saturday, I could have saved myself from getting lost that Saturday morning. I took full advantage the Sunday though lol. 




#ootd
Thrifted dress, my virgin of an grown up tutu skirt.

  

Comfortable shoes is my #1 tip
I saw way to many girls walking around in heels.
No shade
Express yourself however you like but have some common sense.



FACE!




Kathleenlights

I saw so many You Tube "GURUS" like Patrick Star, MammyMUA, Daizy Perkins, Makeupbyshaly and my favorite Kathryn Lights. If you had the patience to stand on those crazy long lines some brands were giving out full size products, while some brands fell short in my opinion. HOURGLASS & CoverFX cosmetics gave out sample size primer. ( I could go to Sephora for that thanks.) BARE MINERALS gave out BAREPRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation. (I got the shade cappuccino) 



Day Two with Kifana chilling by the DJ booth.


I met a wonderful subbie, hey Mary thanks for saying hello and the wonderful chat.
Check out her Youtube Channel
The Curly Closet

Day Two
Thrifted TopShop Dress
Black top
Asics

Day two with Kifana at the famous Ipsy signature wall.


Until Next Year GenBeauty  




Tarte Cosmetics gave out Tarteist full size mascara and fun on site kiss me tattoo's





TOO FACED cosmetics give out Born This Way Concealer. I got color matched by on of the makeup artist and was given the shade Deep. I loved the way the concealer melted into my skin, blended perfectly with the foundation I was wearing. ( NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation shade Macao

TooFaced Booth

The Lighting was awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment